Patient Centered Medical Home
CHCY provides your health care within the Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) concept. PCMH strengthens the physician-patient relationship by promoting coordinated care and a long-term partnership.
Your Responsibilities in the PCMH Partnership.
- To select a provider who will serve as your Primary Care Provider (PCP).
- To provide accurate and complete patient information regarding your health status, medical history, medications, specialty visits, recent emergency and hospital care.
- To actively participate in your health care management
The PCP’s and the Healthcare Team’s Role in the Partnership.
- To be accessible to you to provide information and clinical advice during and after office hours.
- To coordinate the health care you receive from specialists and other health care providers.
- To provide information and support to help you manage your health care.
Scheduled appointments allow us to consistently provide you and your family with quality, efficient healthcare, in a timely manner. To make an appointment with your medical provider, call the community health center nearest you.
Please call 928-583-1000 in the Prescott area, or 928-639-8132 in the Verde Valley to make an appointment.
Walk-Ins (for established patients only)
Once you are an established patient, if you are ill and feel that you cannot wait for an appointment, we will make every effort to see you on a "walk-in" basis. Please call any of our health center locations to inquire about availability and potential wait times. As a walk-in, please know that your wait may be longer than if an appointment had been made. We ask for your patience and understanding as we strive to provide for all those in need of quality healthcare.
Contacting Your PCP During Office Hours
For clinical advice, to return a call from the office or to leave a message, please call the main appointment and information telephone number. The medical receptionist will assist you.
Contacting Your PCP After Office Hours
CHCY offers clinical advice to you after hours and on weekends from our on-call PCP. To connect with the on-call PCP, call the appointment and information telephone number and follow the prompts.
Referral to Other Services
If you need medical or dental care that is beyond the scope of services provided by CHCY, you will be referred to a specialist in the area. To ensure continuity of care, your PCP will coordinate with specialists and other health care providers who provide medical services to you. This coordination includes receiving information about the specialty services you received and how this may affect the care you need from your PCP. This specialty care is your financial responsibility.