Adult, outpatient, behavioral health counseling and psychiatric services are available to Community Health Center patients who are receiving their primary care medical services from the Community Health Center of Yavapai and are not eligible for behavioral health services elsewhere. These counseling services are provided to children and adolescents on a limited basis.
The program’s intent is to provide evidence based, brief solution-focused therapy on an outpatient basis to patients with mild to moderate behavioral health needs.
CHCY is not able to provide crisis services at this time, or long term case management for patients meeting Seriously Mentally ill (SMI) Criteria. For these patients, appropriate referrals will be made by the practitioner.
Eligible patients of CHCY may receive:
- Referrals for individual, outpatient counseling for depression, anxiety, trauma and abuse, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), and substance abuse.
- Group, outpatient counseling for depression and anxiety.
- Brief Cognitive Behavioral counseling for children, adolescents and young adults
- Referral for a one time psychiatric evaluation by our Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner.
- Brief psychiatric medication review appointments as needed.
Counseling services will be provided under the following guidelines:
- This program accepts patients with mild to moderate behavioral health conditions with short-term needs, and seriously mentally ill children who cannot obtain services elsewhere.
- Eligible patients must be free of homicidal and/or violent ideation when they are accepted into the behavioral health program and throughout their treatment.
- Patients who do not meet these criteria will be referred to an appropriate behavioral health agency.